The Inspector General of Police, John Martins Okoth Ochola has made several changes in the commanding structure of the Uganda Police Force.
The changes announced on Friday have seen a total of 71 police commanders affected.
According to the transfers, Senior Superintendent of Police, Moses Okumu has been appointed the acting commander in charge of finances in the force whereas Senior Superintendent of Police John Ewotu has been moved from the Professional Standards Unit and sent to the Human Resources Management headquarters at Naguru as he awaits his next deployment.
The transfers have also seen Senior Superintendent of Police John Dhabangi who has been attached to Interpol sent to the Human Resource Management headquarters for redeployment whereas Superintendent of Police, Moses Nanoka has been moved from Rukungiri to the Peace Support Operations headquarters at Naguru.
Superintendent of Police has been moved from the Presidential Police Guard to the Anti- Stock Theft Unit(ASTU) a unit charged with fighting cattle rustling with headquarters in Karamoja whereas Senior Superintendent of Police Dan Byaruhanga has been appointed as the new Kigezi Regional Police Commander.
Full list of transferred police commanders
1. SSP OKUMU MOSES FROM FINANCE POL. HQTRS IS APPOINTED AS AG. ACP FINANCE.
2. SSP EWOTU JOHN FROM PSU TO HRM POL. HQTRS.
3. SSP DHABANGI JOHN FROM INTERPOL TO HRM POL. HQTRS
4. SP NANOKA MOSES FROM RUKUNGIRI TO PSO-POL. HQTRS.
5. SP AHUMUZA TOBIAS FROM PPG TO ASTU.
6. ASP MUGALYA YAWERI FROM HRM POL. HQTRS TO ICT.
7. SSP BYARUHANGA DAN OF KIGEZI REGION IS APPOINTED RPC KIGEZI.
8. SSP ATUHAIRWE MAUREEN FROM COURSE TO CHILD AND FAMILY DEPT. AS AG. CP.
9. SSP MANANA FRANCIS NABUGYERE FROM COURSE TO PSC&SC-BWEBAJJA AS A DIRECTING STAFF.
10. D/SP WETAYA FREDRICK FROM COURSE TO RWENZORI WEST AS R/CID OFFICER.
11. SP KICONCO RWANKS MOSES FROM COURSE TO PSC&SC- BWEBAJJA AS A DIRECTING STAFF.
12. SP BAGUMA AARON SILINGI FROM COURSE TO PSO-POLICE HQTRS.
13. SP BYARUHANGA PATRICK FROM COURSE TO KISORO AS DPC.
14. ASP WONDO HERBERT FROM HRM POL.HQTRS TO INTERPOL.
15. ASP NAREEBA MARY FROM HRM POL. HQTRS TO INTERPOL.
16. ASP REHEMA SAMANYA FROM HRM POL. HQTRS TO INTERPOL.
17. ASP BONGO JOSEPH OC STN NAKAPIRIPIRITI HIS TRANSFER VIDE W/T REF: HRM 131/133/08/VOL.8/189 TO KAYANJA P/P-OLD KAMPALA IS CANCELLED.
18. ASP RUBANGAKENE STEPHEN FROM JINJA RD TO BUTO P/P – BWEYOGERERE AS OC.
19. ASP NAMULONDO EVA FROM MUKONO TO NDEEBA P/P-KATWE AS OC.
20. ASP BAKASHABA KENNETH FROM NALYA P/STN – KIRA DIV. TO HRM POL. HQTRS.
21. ASP RUKUNDO EZRA FROM KASANGATI TO NAALYA P/STN – KIRA DIV AS OC.
22. ASP BUSINGYE PELLEN FROM NAJJERA P/STN – KIRA DIV TO HRM POL. HQTRS.
23. ASP IGUNE GEORGE FROM KAWEMPE TO NAJJERA P/STN – KIRA DIV AS OC.
24. ASP KYEYUNE MICHAEL FROM WANDEGEYA TO KATOOKE P/STN – NANSANA AS OC.
25. ASP MUGENYI SHABAN FROM KATWE TO BUJJUKO P/STN – NANSANA DIV. AS OC.
26. ASP KATONGOLE MOSES FROM NAJANANKUMBI P/P/ – KMP/S HQTRS TO YESU AMALA P/STN – NANSANA DIV AS OC.
27. ASP KARUGABA JOSEPH FROM ENTEBBE TO KISUGU P/STN AS OC.
28. ASP KUTOSI TITUS FROM STN KISUGU – KABALAGALA TO HRM POL. HQTRS.
29. ASP MUGISHA INNOCENT FROM NKURUMAH – CPS K’LA TO HRM POL. HQTRS.
30. D/SSP KABUYE SULAIMAN FROM RWENZORI WEST TO CID HQTRS.